The Department of Pediatrics of the Austrian Hospital offers protective, preventive and curative health services for children between the ages of 0-15.
Our hospital, which has a certificate of Babyfriendly Hospital, gives special importance to informing the widespread use of breastmilk for newborn mothers.
Our department provides multidisciplinary approach to parents with a protective, preventive and therapeutic clinical approach.
Services in Child Health and Diseases
- Children's Emergency and Observation Service
- Children's Polyclinic
- Child care
Our newborn babies can be examined quickly and their eyes, belly care, weight, height, head circumference are measured and their footprints are taken. Breastfeeding is initiated with Babyfriendly Hospital and (NRP) certified nurse.
In the period they are in the hospital, regular controls are made, the importance of breastfeeding and breastfeeding, infection measures are explained and blood tests and screening tests are performed in the appropriate time period and necessary controls and baby care (eye, belly, hand wash, room temperature, visits) are discharged. It is recommended to check the baby every month until the age of one year.
We have four-bed emergency response and observation services for hourly and daily medical follow-ups and treatments within our hospital.
In our hospital, preventive health services are kept in the outpatient clinic of Pediatrics and diagnosis and treatment are carried out for infection, allergy and other side branch diseases. Examinations for obesity, metabolic and endocrinological disorders are carried out and evaluated at both clinical and laboratory levels.
Early, Correct diagnosis and Treatment
We provide early and accurate diagnosis and treatment services by prioritizing preventive health services. These services are carried out by doctors, nurses and other personnel who follow the current medical developments, inform the parents at every stage, take consent, care about the medical and ethical rules, and prioritize patient rights.
- Increasing vaccination rates,
- Growth and development follow-up with periodic controls according to age groups of newborn infants and all children starting from birth,
- Initiation of vaccination for the protection of neonatal infants against Hepatitis B disease,
- GEBLİZ (Pregnant-Lohusa-Baby monitoring) project initiated by the Ministry of Health throughout the country records of newborn babies
- Vitamin K applications are done against hemorrhagic diathesis (hemorrhage) to newborn infants
- Newborn's congenital metabolic diseases (Phenylketonuria, Hypothyroidism, etc.) mental retardation (mental retardation) against heel blood removal and improved (TANDEM-MS) test applications,
- Pre-diagnosis test of congenital heart diseases in newborn infants (Pulse-oximetry test),
- Application of hearing screening test for newborn babies,
- Prophylactic administration of vitamin D for regularity of bone structure
- To give iron drops for anemia prevention,
- Infections and especially against hospital infections,
- To prevent the use of irregular and unnecessary drugs and antibiotics,
- Obstetric emergency intervention for babies with emergency respiratory problems (NRP) who are born by cesarean in delivery rooms and operating room,
- Emergency measures in blood group conflicts in newborns,
- Prevention of child abuse,
- The correct approach to nutrition problems of children,
- Prevention of obesity,
- Pulmonary function tests, allergies (skin tests, blood tests) tests for diagnosis of asthma and allergic problems in children up to twenty percent,
- Preventing adolescent problems is among the child health services we offer in this context.
Issues to be Considered During Adolescence
Adolescence is a period in which psycho-social, physical, sexual, hormonal and personal behaviors fluctuate. Adolescent is a child, what is a grown-up, exhibits a structure that fluctuates between two periods. It is important to take and monitor measures of a number of genetically specific diseases (mental disorders, allergic diseases, obesity, hypertension, diabetes, thyroid diseases, and some unspecified metabolic and tumoral diseases). Nutrition, vaccination, regular sports should be offered in the adolescent period.
Adolescent, school and friends, growing and developing physical characteristics (body development, hair, acne) and the characteristics of our environment (environmental pollution, radioactive and nuclear pollution, genetically modified foods and beverages, smoking and other addictive substances, feeding type, stress, common depressive domestic, school and environmental environments, such as frequent contact with endocrine-breaking agents that disrupt our hormonal system, such as rapidly increasing allergies and a less mobile static lifestyle). This effect creates different behaviors in every adolescent.
In this period, family, school and state have important duties to prevent conflict between adolescents and family and society.
We can list the important topics we should observe in adolescent period as follows:
- The habits of the adolescents in the home, home activity, the loneliness of choice, home arrival and departure to observe the difference in the school.
- Observation of different findings related to sexual life.
- Psychological fluctuation of the patient (anxiety, stress, depression, psychosis) observed.
- Each adolescent is a different adolescent.
- With the definition of the World Health Organization, all adolescents with mental, physical and social health are the future of the countries.